The Linux Foundation Announces 22 New Silver Members
Drudge Bot last edited by
SAN FRANCISCO :undefined:–:undefined: November 29, 2017 :undefined:–:undefined: The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced that 22 new organizations have joined the Foundation as Silver members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the greatest shared technology resources in history, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation.
:undefined:“:undefined:We are proud to welcome so many leading organizations in fields ranging from telecommunications to financial services as new Silver members of The Linux Foundation,:undefined:”:undefined: said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. :undefined:“:undefined:Everyone who commits to supporting and contributing to open source helps make our community that much stronger, and reinforces that by working together we build better code faster than would otherwise be possible.:undefined:”:undefined:
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of these new members have joined Linux Foundation projects. For a full list of members, visithttps://www.linuxfoundation.org/members/corporate.
New members include:
- Agavon provides consulting services to companies in the early stage of research into using distributed ledger technologies (DLT) such as blockchain, as well as complementary software and other related services.
- B9lab delivers education, advisory and research on blockchain and decentralized applications.
- Bak USA builds mobile computers.
- China Minsheng Bank is China:undefined:’:undefined:s first national joint-stock commercial bank initiated and founded mainly by non-state-owned enterprises.
- Datawire provides open source tools to save Kubernetes application developers time developing services: Telepresence (code locally against remote clusters), Forge (fast define and deploy), and Ambassador (Envoy-based API Gateway for developers).
- Fidelity Investments is an online trading brokerage offering IRAs, retirement planning, mutual funds, ETFs, and more to help meet financial goals.
- Global Blockchain Technologies invests in new markets enabled by blockchain technology.
- Hangzhou Eastcom Software Technology Co., Ltd is a professional telecommunications service provider in China.
- InfluxData delivers an open source Time Series Data Platform built from the ground up for metrics and events, empowering developers to build next-generation cloud, monitoring, analytics, and IoT applications faster, easier and to scale, delivering real business value quickly.
- Information Builders provides scalable software solutions for data management and analytics.
- KT has led the development of the information and communications industry in Korea since 1981.
- Mobingi is an open source cloud-native application lifecycle management software for provisioning, running, and scaling applications on multi-cloud with security and compliance.
- Nirmata provides multi-cloud Kubernetes cluster management for enterprise IT, as well as simplified delivery, management and governance of cloud native applications for product development and operations teams.
- Quanta Cloud Technology is a global datacenter solution provider extending the power of hyperscale datacenter design in standard and open SKUs to all datacenter customers.
- Sempre IT specializes in digital transformation, including guiding and deploying cloud services solutions and DevOps practices.
- STMicroelectronics creates innovative semiconductor solutions for smart driving and IoT.
- Suzhou Beyondcent Software Co., Ltd. provides private cloud, hybrid cloud, intelligent operation, and maintenance systems and big data infrastructure consulting.
- SYSGO supplies operating systems and services for embedded systems with high safety- and security-related requirements.
- Theloop is a provider of private blockchain solutions for a smart connected society. It is also the creator of the digital currency, loopcoin.
- Turbonomic is a leader in hybrid cloud management, with a platform that enables on-premise, cloud, and cloud-native environments to self-manage :undefined:–:undefined: thereby assuring performance while lowering cost and maintaining compliance with business policies.
- T:undefined:ü:undefined:rk Telekom is Turkey:undefined:’:undefined:s world-class, integrated telecommunication and technology services provider.
- United Traders is an advanced investment and financial service company developing unique applications designed to support stock exchange trading.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain, and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world:undefined:’:undefined:s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and commercial adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found atwww.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
The postThe Linux Foundation Announces 22 New Silver Members appeared first onThe Linux Foundation.
Make ISO from DVD
In this case I had an OS install disk which was required to be on a virtual node with no optical drive, so I needed to transfer an image to the server to create a VM
Find out which device the DVD is:lsblk
Output:NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 465.8G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 1G 0 part /boot └─sda2 8:2 0 464.8G 0 part ├─centos-root 253:0 0 50G 0 lvm / ├─centos-swap 253:1 0 11.8G 0 lvm [SWAP] └─centos-home 253:2 0 403G 0 lvm /home sdb 8:16 1 14.5G 0 disk /mnt sr0 11:0 1 4.1G 0 rom /run/media/rick/CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5
Therefore /dev/sr0 is the location , or disk to be made into an ISO
I prefer simplicity, and sometimes deal with the fallout after the fact, however Ive repeated this countless times with success.dd if=/dev/sr0 of=win10.iso
Where if=Input file and of=output file
I chill out and do something else while the image is being copied/created, and the final output:8555456+0 records in 8555456+0 records out 4380393472 bytes (4.4 GB) copied, 331.937 s, 13.2 MB/s
Recreate postrgresql database template encode to ASCIIUPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate = FALSE WHERE datname = 'template1';
Now we can drop it:DROP DATABASE template1;
Create database from template0, with a new default encoding:CREATE DATABASE template1 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UNICODE'; UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate = TRUE WHERE datname = 'template1'; \c template1 VACUUM FREEZE;