26 Organizations Join The Linux Foundation to Support Open Source Communities With Infrastructure and Resources
Drudge Bot last edited by
SAN FRANCISCO :undefined:–:undefined: May 23, 2018 :undefined:–:undefined: The Linux Foundation, the nonprofit organization enabling mass innovation through open source, announced the addition of 22 Silver members and 4 Associate members. Linux Foundation members help support development of the shared technology resources, while accelerating their own innovation through open source leadership and participation. Linux Foundation member contributions help provide the infrastructure and resources that enable the world:undefined:’:undefined:s largest open collaboration communities.
:undefined:“:undefined:Open source communities around the world are enabling innovation on a massive scale, and these organizations are committing to continuing to support those communities by joining The Linux Foundation,:undefined:”:undefined: said Jim Zemlin, executive director, The Linux Foundation. :undefined:“:undefined:More participation and resources directed towards open source means more and better code produced. We look forward to collaborating with all our new members to create and innovate further.:undefined:”:undefined:
In addition to joining the Foundation, many of the new members have joined Linux Foundation projects like Automotive Grade Linux, Cloud Native Computing Foundation, Hyperledger, LF Networking, OpenHPC, Real Time Linux, TODO Group and Zephyr. For a full list of members, visithttps://www.linuxfoundation.org/membership/members/.
Linux Foundation Silver members are organizations that contribute to or otherwise support open source communities and projects. March:undefined:’:undefined:s new Linux Foundation Silver members are:
- ACTIA Group designs and manufactures electronics for system management in the automotive and telecommunications fields.
- Affirmed Networks:undefined:’:undefined: virtualized, cloud-native mobile solution offers a rich set of capabilities, including: network slicing, integrated virtual probes, optimized IoT access (NB-IoT/LTE-M/SCEF), virtualized DPI and GiLAN services, integrated Service Function Chaining, and a Service Automation Platform.
- Agile Stacks is a DevOps platform that provides automation for cloud infrastructure, applications and security.
- BMW Car IT GmbH is a software company focused on the design and development of innovative software for future BMW Group automobiles and motorbikes.
- Camptocamp is an innovative company in the software implementation of Geographic Information Systems (GIS), business management (ERP) and IT infrastructure management.
- Chengdu Chiwu Software Technologies Co. Ltd. creator of Red Chain, which is powered by blockchain and provides open,standard interfaces (API) to help third-party users to exchange and manage applications expediently
- Ehave is developing a next generation of digital solutions to facilitate objective, data-driven decision making and personalized patient care.
- Equinox International provides infrastructure technology solutions and services in the Middle East and Africa region, with a complete portfolio of solutions to meet the mission critical objectives of enterprises and service providers.
- ForePaaS has developed factory automation to make companies truly data-driven.
- HAProxy offers a software load balancer and application delivery controller to empower users with the flexibility and confidence to deliver websites and applications with high availability, performance and security at any scale and in any environment.
- InsightFinder provides innovative machine learning technology to unlock value in IT operational data :undefined:–:undefined: from performance metrics to textual log files, finding root causes for deviations from normal behaviors and recurring patterns, as well as predicting future events and outages.
- Internet2 is a non-profit, member-driven advanced technology community delivering a diverse portfolio of technology solutions that leverages, integrates and amplifies the strengths of its members and helps support their educational, research and community service missions.
- IPCHAIN Association develops standards, technologies, and tools to enable effective collaboration between IP market participants in the digital domain.
- JD.com, China:undefined:’:undefined:s largest retailer, relies heavily on innovative technology, including its container-based infrastructure, AI and big-data analytics to revolutionize e-commerce.
- Landa is a software solution company in China, committed to becoming an enterprise-level application market leader with the latest IT technology, including Big Data, IoT and AI.
- Paramount Software Solutions provides infrastructure solutions offering data storage management, infrastructure monitoring and staffing solutions.
- Penta Global provides a diverse range of services to clients in the UAE, Gulf, Africa, Asia and Southeast Asia, in particular high-end field engineering and construction services to the fields of oil and gas, petrochemical, fertilizer and power.
- Replex brings together mission critical information about physical and virtual machines, containers, orchestrators and public/private cloud in one intuitive interface.
- Sakura International is a Japan-based event production company with an emphasis on human networking.
- Sonatype is relied on by more than 10 million software developers to innovate faster while mitigating security risks inherent in open source.
- Till Payments is an emerging full-service, merchant-centric, payments management platform provider.
- VSHN helps software developers to run their applications agile and 24/7 on any infrastructure.
Associate members of The Linux Foundation include of government agencies and not-for-profit organizations that have demonstrated a commitment to building, sustaining, and using open source technologies. The following organizations are new Linux Foundation Associate members:
- Blockchain@Berkeley is a student-run organization at UC Berkeley dedicated to serving the Berkeley and greater East Bay crypto and blockchain communities.
- Ministry of Digital Affairs :undefined:–:undefined: Poland aims to create a digital boost for the development of Poland by developing broadband infrastructure, supporting the creation of web content and e-services and promoting digital competences among citizens.
- Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative (MOBI) uses blockchain and related technologies to make mobility safer, greener and more affordable.
- New Mexico Consortium is non-profit corporation formed by the three New Mexico universities in order to facilitate research in the state of New Mexico, and specifically to increase research collaborations between universities, industry and Los Alamos National Laboratory.
With the support of its members, The Linux Foundation hosts open source projects across technologies including networking, security, cloud, blockchain, and more. This collaborative development model is helping technology advance at a rapid pace in a way that benefits individuals and organizations around the world.
About The Linux Foundation
The Linux Foundation is the organization of choice for the world:undefined:’:undefined:s top developers and companies to build ecosystems that accelerate open technology development and industry adoption. Together with the worldwide open source community, it is solving the hardest technology problems by creating the largest shared technology investment in history. Founded in 2000, The Linux Foundation today provides tools, training and events to scale any open source project, which together deliver an economic impact not achievable by any one company. More information can be found atwww.linuxfoundation.org.
The Linux Foundation has registered trademarks and uses trademarks. For a list of trademarks of The Linux Foundation, please see our trademark usage page: https://www.linuxfoundation.org/trademark-usage. Linux is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
Make ISO from DVD
In this case I had an OS install disk which was required to be on a virtual node with no optical drive, so I needed to transfer an image to the server to create a VM
Find out which device the DVD is:lsblk
Output:NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 465.8G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 1G 0 part /boot └─sda2 8:2 0 464.8G 0 part ├─centos-root 253:0 0 50G 0 lvm / ├─centos-swap 253:1 0 11.8G 0 lvm [SWAP] └─centos-home 253:2 0 403G 0 lvm /home sdb 8:16 1 14.5G 0 disk /mnt sr0 11:0 1 4.1G 0 rom /run/media/rick/CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5
Therefore /dev/sr0 is the location , or disk to be made into an ISO
I prefer simplicity, and sometimes deal with the fallout after the fact, however Ive repeated this countless times with success.dd if=/dev/sr0 of=win10.iso
Where if=Input file and of=output file
I chill out and do something else while the image is being copied/created, and the final output:8555456+0 records in 8555456+0 records out 4380393472 bytes (4.4 GB) copied, 331.937 s, 13.2 MB/s
Recreate postrgresql database template encode to ASCIIUPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate = FALSE WHERE datname = 'template1';
Now we can drop it:DROP DATABASE template1;
Create database from template0, with a new default encoding:CREATE DATABASE template1 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UNICODE'; UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate = TRUE WHERE datname = 'template1'; \c template1 VACUUM FREEZE;