2018 Open Source Jobs Report

• 2018 Open Source Jobs Report

Find out which open source technology skills are on the rise

Discover talent and identify career paths in open source.

In our annual jobs report, developed in partnership withDice, we examined trends in open source careers, including in-demand skills, motivation of open source job seekers, and how employers attract and retain talent.

Key Findings

• Hiring open source talent is a priority for 83% of hiring managers, an increase from 76% in 2017.
    • Linux is back on top as the most in-demand open source skill category, making it required knowledge for most entry-level open source careers.
    • Containers are rapidly growing in popularity and importance, with 57% of hiring managers seeking that expertise, up from only 27% last year.
    • There:undefined:’:undefined:s a gulf between the views of hiring managers and IT pros on the effectiveness of efforts to improve diversity in the industry.
    • Hiring managers are moving away from hiring outside consultants, and opting to train existing employees on new open source technologies and help them gain certifications.

Share your learnings and comments on the Open Source Jobs Report by using the hashtag#OSSJobs.

Open Source Jobs Report 2018 Infographic

The post2018 Open Source Jobs Report appeared first onThe Linux Foundation.

https://www.linuxfoundation.org/publications/open-source-jobs-report-2018/

• Make ISO from DVD

In this case I had an OS install disk which was required to be on a virtual node with no optical drive, so I needed to transfer an image to the server to create a VM

Find out which device the DVD is:

lsblk

Output:

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT sda 8:0 0 465.8G 0 disk ├─sda1 8:1 0 1G 0 part /boot └─sda2 8:2 0 464.8G 0 part ├─centos-root 253:0 0 50G 0 lvm / ├─centos-swap 253:1 0 11.8G 0 lvm [SWAP] └─centos-home 253:2 0 403G 0 lvm /home sdb 8:16 1 14.5G 0 disk /mnt sr0 11:0 1 4.1G 0 rom /run/media/rick/CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5

Therefore /dev/sr0 is the location , or disk to be made into an ISO

I prefer simplicity, and sometimes deal with the fallout after the fact, however Ive repeated this countless times with success.

dd if=/dev/sr0 of=win10.iso

Where if=Input file and of=output file

I chill out and do something else while the image is being copied/created, and the final output:

8555456+0 records in 8555456+0 records out 4380393472 bytes (4.4 GB) copied, 331.937 s, 13.2 MB/s

Fin!

read more
  • Recreate postrgresql database template encode to ASCII

UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate = FALSE WHERE datname = 'template1';

Now we can drop it:

DROP DATABASE template1;

Create database from template0, with a new default encoding:

CREATE DATABASE template1 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UNICODE'; UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate = TRUE WHERE datname = 'template1'; \c template1 VACUUM FREEZE;

read more
});